Seven days and 20 man hours later, the linoleum is all up! Katrina and I fought with the last pieces last night and won. I spent 3 hours on these 3 stairs:
I had to take off both layers of linoleum separately because there was a wood piece nailed to the back of the stairs inbetween layers. At one point I sat down and wanted to give up. I reminded myself that it didn't take any skill I didn't possess to finish this, it just took time. I got up and plugged away until it was done. The good news is the stairs are in good condition! A little sanding and sealing will make them look like a hundred bucks.